- 2 cups of presoaked whole grain rolled oats. (no need to soak if using instant oats)
- 6-8 cups of water (according to taste and thickness)
- pinch of salt
Optional ingredients Note:
I added this because dairy milk has Calcium and Vitamin D. So, it is a good way to use those vitamins the doctor gave me last year. Haha. I added the fat because, hey dairy milk is loaded with fat, and its good. But coconut fat is another healthy alternative since oatmeal has zero fat. And now I could use the extra nutrition. and feel satiated too:))
- 2 tsp brown sugar (optional, you can use any sweetener)
- 6 Calcium with Vitamin D tablets (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Cream (optional, I used powdered, because it's easy to store and keep on hand)
- 2 tsp Vanilla (optional)
There are countless was to serve this nutritios non dairy milk. You can use it plain as is, or spice with cinnamon. Try adding almonds or raisins for a treat. It's great over cereal too. Whatever suits your fancy. Just try it, you might like it.
As for me, one mission accomplished today....I'm going to attempt to make yogurt out of my oatmeal milk soon. I will post the results later once I complete that mission successfully.