Brenda Watson, a worldwide famous health practitioner said in one of her infomercials that Mackerel is an excellent source of Omega 3 fatty acids. She also said "who wants to eat mackerel every day", and laughed because, not many folks do. Well I found a way to make that fish taste pretty good.
|I found this can on sale at the 99 cent store. So I thought it was a very good|
deal. I bought two cases a few months back. Yes I do believe in food
storage, and good deals.
- One can mackerel in tomato sauce
- Tomatos, canned, diced ( fresh is good too)
- Lemon Juice 1 ounce
- Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Garlic 2 cloves minced
- Onion 1/2 minced (I ran out so I made it without)
- Parlsey 1-2 teaspoons (use lavishly, it has almost no taste and is very healthy in the greens
- Cayenne pepper according to taste
- Sugar 1-3 tablespoons ( I mixed sugar with sweet and low)
- Soy sauce a couple of good dashes.
- Oyster sauce 2-3 heaping tablespoons
- Cold Water 1/4 cup
- Cornstarch 2-3 teaspoons
|Heat oil in pan, add garlic and saute till caramelized. Add all the ingredients EXCEPT the mackerel, water and |
cornstarch. Simmer for 5 minutes...
|And this is what I did with the left overs. Thank God for Press'n Seal. Now|
I have something for another day.