|Yummy breakfast chilaquiles, all made in one pan. Think|
of it like a tastier quesadilla or enchilada with a twist.
Well this is what I cooked to feed my hungry mouths today. All I had was three eggs and four unexpected mouths to feed. Well to stretch the food out and still make it tasty, filling and really cheap, I added corn tortillas.I know there are many variations in making chilaquiles. I like them with chicken, olives and cheese, or with green chili, cheese, and a white sauce. Yummy. Anyway, back to this breakfast quick one pot dish. Besides the main ingredients, using the right spices is key to making anything taste good. This is what I did.
- Corn tortillas 6-8 cut into two inch strips
- Eggs 3
- Cheese 1/4 cup (white or yellow)
- Oil 1/8 cup
- Chorizo 1/2 sausage (Mexican sausage, I used soy and found it at the dollar store(optional)
- Onion 1/2 chopped small
- Garlic 1-2 cloves
- Salt to taste or chicken bullion like Knorr
- Pepper to taste
- Cayenne Red pepper 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed or powder (optional)
- Chili powder 1 teaspoon (optional)
- In a large skillet heat oil on medium/high. Fry tortillas till crispy and remove to a dish.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet and brown
- Add chorizo, cook till brown.
- Add tortillas back to the pan, mix lightly
- Add eggs and stir in spices. cover till eggs are cooked
- Top with cheese and serve warm.