|Crispy Crusted Pita Pizza. So quick and easy especially if you have a Ninja. You can top it with whatever you have on hand.|
This is so quick, it only takes a few minutes to chop whatever you are going to use. Only 3 seconds to chop if you have a Ninja Pulse. Yes, my Ninja makes my life so much easier. I absolutely love it!
Anyway, you can top it with just about anything you have in your refrigerator. It's also a great way to get rid of any left-over food too. Just don't tell them it's re-hashed. Anyway, it's healthy, easy, cheap, and by all means definitely tasty. This is what I did to serve 2.
Ninja Kitchen System - PULSE (Google Affiliate Ad)
- Pita bread 2 (just double or triple recipe for more)
- Spaghetti Sauce 1/2 cup (Canned spaghetti sauce is ok)***
- Mozzarella cheese 1/4 cup shredded or chopped in small pieces.
- Meat topping your choice (I used turkey pastrami slices for this one. One per pizza.)
- Vegetable topping (your choice)
- Olive oil enough to brush each pita bread
- Oregano, a pinch crushed between your fingers for each pizza.
***The secret to the success of any pizza is in the dough, and the sauce. The dough is taken care of by the "no-fail pita bread". As for the sauce canned is fine. But if you saute some chopped veggies, you can hide them in the sauce. Again I used my nifty Ninja Mega Kitchen System to chop some onions, garlic, bell peppers and carrots in no time. I sauteed them, added the spaghetti sauce and no one will ever know anything came from a can, or that it has carrots. Lol. Just like semi-homemade.
- Preheat oven to 380 F
- Brush olive oil abundantly on each pita bread to avoid bread getting soggy.
- Top with Spaghetti sauce.
- Add meat, cheese, oregano, then veggies.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 4-7 minutes depending on desired crispiness.
- Let cool one minute before serving