|Sweet White Bean Pie made with baby lima beans|
|Soak your beans for 24 hours for|
better nutrition absorbtion
- White Beans 2 cups cooked and drained
- Sugar 3/4 cup (I used 1/2 cup brown sugar and 6 artificial sweeteners)
- Butter 3/4 cup softened
- Milk 1/2 cup (or non dairy, I used coconut milk)
- Flour 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Pumpkin pie spice 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon
- Cloves 1/8 teaspoon
- Pie Crust 9 inch (Not cookie crumb crust)
|Mix all the ingredients together till blended|
- Mix all the ingredients together in mixer and mix well.
- Strain through strainer to catch all the bean skins.
- Pour into a 9 inch pie crust, and set that on a cookie sheet
- Put in oven and bake approximately 45 minutes, or until there is a nice golden crust and a knife comes out clean once poked in the center. It smells so lovely with all the spices.
Yes, tis the season folks. Holidays are right around the corner, and this is just a beginning of more delicious recipes that are cheap and easy to make for those Holiday dishes. Your family and friends will think you really outdid yourself with one of these pies. They do make great "I love you gifts" any time of the year. My brother used to say that I was the "Hostess with the Mostest" with my million dollar recipes. I hope this Sweet White Bean Pie sparks an interest to do something creative with those beans besides baking them, or serving them re-fried. It's healthy, cheap and delicious and so easy to make.
|Yummy Sweet White Bean Pie tastes like a cross|
of sweet potato pie, and pumpkin pie, with a
strong egg custard texture. Mmm. GOOD.