Sunday, September 16, 2012

SWEET LEMON OKARA

SWEET LEMON OKARA  can be served hot or cold.
Here is a simple recipe using leftover okara..  Okara is the mashed soybeans strained after soybean milk is made.  Today I made soymilk, and tofu, and I had about a pound of okara left over.  You can cook with it but since I had prepared my soymilk in the VitaMix blender, it came out with a very nice silky texture. I didn't want to discard it since one of my motto's is "waste not want not", and my other motto is "food is medicine".  So in my quest to find something tasty yet healthy I came up with this SWEET LEMON OKARA.  So easy to make, let's do it.

Ingredients:
Mix all the ingredients well and microwave.
  • Okara 1 cup cooked and strained well
  • Lemon juice 2-3 tablespoons and or 1/2 teaspoon of grated lemon rind.
  • Sugar  2 tablespoons or (to taste, may use sweetener of your choice)
  • Tumeric 1 teaspoon
  •  Coconut oil, or butter 1 tablespoon
  • Salt 1/2 teaspoon
Instructions:
Mix all the ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl, and put in the microwave for 5 minutes on high. Voila, it's done.  This is very good hot, but can be served cold as well.  It's very silky and pretty as well.  I topped my scoop of okara with agave syrup.  Healthy and delicious.Yum.
Haha. I told you it was easy.  I used an ice cream scooper to serve.

Well, that's it for now, I just had to share the outcome of my Sweet Lemon Okara with you because it's delicious.  Again, thank you for allowing me to be of service.  Many blessings to all.
Sincerely,
Mary Helen


No comments: