|Pulverized dried cheddar cheese stored in a airtight|
- One block cheese, frozen and defrosted (frozen changes the texture and makes it easier to crumble once it has defrosted.)
- 1-2 large fine mesh screens. I used a large cooking splatter screen.
- Oven with pilot light or oven light
- drip pan or paper towels to catch oil drippings
- paper towels to rub dried cheese to absorb any oils.
- Clean storage container with tight fitting lid
- Unwrap defrosted cheese and crumble as fine possible. Previously frozen cheese crumbles a lot easier.
- Spread evenly on a mesh screen and put in the oven using either your oven light, or if you're lucky, a pilot light.
- Take out after 15 hours and rub well with paper towels to absorb any excess oil. Careful, it should be dripping with oil.
- Put back in the oven for another 15 hours or until dry.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
|15 hours drying white cheddar cheese after I rubbed|
them well with paper towels to absorb the
excess oils, as it was very oily.
Yay less calories.
|Here is the end result of 30 hours of oven drying,|
and rubbing as much oil off and pulverizing
it in the blender again