Thursday, January 19, 2012

Quick Sweet Potato Pie

preheat oven to 350

1 sweet potato large or 1 small can
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 dash salt
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar or sweeten to taste with your favorite sweetener.
Spices

Spices like cinnamon, cloves, ginger,or nutmeg. You can add one or all. It's all to your liking. note: pumpkin pie spice has all the above.

Well I had this one large sweet potato in the fridge for a while so I microwaved it and let it cool. Add the egg, milk, butter, sugar and spices. I used cloves, and pumpkin pie spice. Cinnamon is also very good. Blend all ingredients and put in pie crust. Personally I use my never fail pie crust. I love it because its a never fail pie crust, (lol) and whenever I need to make a pie of some sort voila! ;there it is. Bake till crust is browned.

Hmmm. my guestimate is about $2.00 for the whole lot of this. Serves about 8-10 nice slices.
btw the taste is as good as it smells.
Enjoy

No comments: