I already own an old Vita-Mix 5000 that runs perfectly well. It does make real smooth smoothies, ice cream, and hot soups. breaking down the hardest seeds and ice to a mere powder is so easy with the Vita-Mix. However, the cons for my Vita-Mix are...
|It did make a nice clean dough in less than|
- the large container is somewhat inconvenient making single serve smoothies, or ice cream.
- Does not have a dough hook
- Can only chop food into a mash like substance, or emulsify/liquify
- does not fit under my kitchen cabinet counter because it is too tall with container on so it takes up double space.
Here's just one of the infomercials I've seen.
My original need was using it as a food processor as I process a lot of fruits and vegetables for my probiotic ferments, etc. Whipping egg whites, and frosting is a necessity, as I love to bake for family and friends. Being able to knead dough with the dough hook was just a big plus in my books.
|My attempt at making blackberry ice cream|
|After 3 minutes of blending you can see|
chards of ice.
|After 5 minutes, it appears like it is starting to|
melt. I stopped because the ninja was getting
hot. And so was I.
|My new ninja was not so ninja after all when it comes to|
making ice cream. Still very seedy and chards of ice.
|After several attempts at juicing one carrot|
and one small apple. This took 3 minutes
and still left 2 carrot stubs at one inch each.
Pros/What I did put to the test was...
- Whipped cold frosting, and whipping cream with the blade attachment. It worked wonderfully. So far, so good. A+
- Diced potatoes and apples with two pulses. A+
- Made perfect pizza dough in less than one minute. A+
- Made fruit smoothies. Oh no not so smooth after one minute of pulsing. Still small chunks of ice, and fruit. But I'm just spoiled with my Vita-Mix. B+
- Made a slushy ice cream. Does not make ice cream. C-
|Finally after 5 minutes, It did puree the carrot|
and apple. I then put it through a strainer.
Glad to see it left no carrot chunks.
|My carrot apple puree. So it did work,|
just not at fast as a "Ninja" says.
- It makes single servings with the single serve containers
- It does have a dough hook
- It can chop food into larger portions with controls
- Container does fit under the cabinet on my kitchen counter. (But I have more attachments. Lol)
- The multiple blades are extremely sharp and need to be handled with care when washing or handling.
- Attachments have a big hole on the bottom where food can easily lodge. Best to rinse out immediately with hot water after each use. If not, good luck.
- Containers seem fragile. My bowl container cracked when it accidently fell off the counter, before I got to use it. It still worked. Don't recommend using any type of scouring pad. Not even the light weight ones for fear of scratching plastic container. Best to clean immediately after each use.
- I was not as happy with the smoothie, and ice cream I made after 5 minutes of blending. There is no comparison with the smooth textured smoothies and ice cream made in the Vita-Mix. But it's do able. I had put some pomegranate seeds with some other fruit. I pulsed it for more than a minute and still not satisfied with the texture. The seeds remained whole. I tried to strain it out but the pulp clogged the strainer. So I ended up putting the mixture in my Vita-Mix so it can grind up the seed to a pulp.
- The single serving lids have a hole on top that does not close. So you can't carry it in your purse or lunch bag.
I hope this review helps you in deciding to purchase your new Ninja Mega Kitchen System 1500 W. I really think that if it works for me in my kitchen, it would work for you in your kitchen. And believe you me, I do a lot of food processing here at Mary Helen's Test Kitchen. My goal is to get as much micro-nutrition from my fruits and vegetables as possible
Please note I have no affiliation with this company. I am only being of service and sharing my personal opinion. I believe if I have something good to share...well I share.
That's it for now folks. Have fun in your kitchen. I wish you all many blessings during this beautiful Holiday Season. In my books, Jesus is the reason for the season.